The New Mexico State Library Northeast Bookmobile service, which has been in hiatus since the Covid-19 pandemic broke out, will resume a limited schedule of visits from mid September. The first Covid-19 visit to Carson is on September 15, and the bookmobile will be parked at the Carson Store from 2.30 to 3.00 pm. The library has eliminated some stops in order to schedule limited “day run” only services at this time. If you visit the bookmobile, it is very important to adhere to social distancing guidelines and, masks will be required. The bookmobile service asks that all patrons take note of the following:
- Please DO NOT come to the bookmobile if you are sick in any way.
- Masks will be required at all times and 6ft social distancing is required.
- All stops will only be 30 minutes, and no one is allowed on the bookmobile at this time.
- This first visit will be a pick-up stop only. You can hand over a list of books you would like the bookmobile to bring to you in October. NOTE: You can also place holds / requests through the online catalog, by phone 575-376-2474, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests need to be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the bookmobile’s next visit.
- Only one person at a time will be allowed to come to the table setup outside the bookmobile to pick up and drop off any returns. All returns must be placed in a bag for pickup.
- There will be a laptop set up for those of you who have not yet submitted your census survey, and James will help you submit your census information. PLEASE PLEASE complete your census. It is the basis for distributing seats in the House of Representatives and in various state legislatures. It is also used to determine the distribution of nearly $900 billion for federally funded programs, which are apportioned based on an area’s population, income, age, and other factors. It’s what funds the bookmobiles!!
- If a route is delayed or cancelled due to weather or safety concerns, patrons will be notified via an email, phone call or facebook.
- The bookmobile is happy to help with eBooks and books by mail – contact Laura Gonzales at 575-376-2474 or email@example.com.