UPDATE (10/17/20): CCA has CANCELED this event. Following the reduction of the number of people allowed at a mass gathering, issued by the Secretary of State on Friday, from ten to five, the Board of the CCA today canceled its Fall Fundraising Event. For Carson-focused Covid-19 information see our page here.
The Board of the Carson Community Association has decided to host Carson’s annual community fundraiser for the CCA at the Carson Cafe in a modified version on Sunday, October 25, from 10am to 2pm.
Here are the planned activities for the day:
- A BBQ hosted by the Carson Cafe which will donate 10% of the proceeds to the CCA.
- A booth set up for FireWise information and education since the FireWise event planned for spring was cancelled.
- A bake sale. If you would like to participate, please bake some pies, cakes, cookies, cupcakes and whatever else you can think of that would be tasty. Ideally, wrapping individual portions in plastic wrap would be great and easy for sales. Please see Kerry Dowding with your baked goods for sale at the CCA Fall Fest. He will set up a table on the Carson Cafe porch and be in charge of the bake sale.
- Other vendors are encouraged to come (no food sales), and requested to donate 10% of their earnings to the CCA.
- A raffle with a difference: tickets will be on sale at the event; each ticket will cost $2; you must be present to win; there will be three cash prizes which will be a percentage of the ticket sales—1st prize = 25%, 2nd prize = 15%, and 3rd prize = 10%.
Please wear a mask. Current recommendations from the NM Department of Health are to wear a mask and to stay a minimum of six feet apart from others so that, if you are carrying the virus, you don’t spread it to those around you. It is mandatory to wear a mask when out in public in New Mexico at this time. Please be considerate of your neighbors. If you feel unwell, or if you are healthy and vulnerable, you may consider not attending. By following mask and physical distance guidelines, those members of the community who want to attend can have a fun event, visiting with neighbors and friends outside, while staying safe. Please note: if more than five people attend, this event will not be in compliance with the New Mexico Department of Health’s Covid-19 guidelines for mass gatherings.
Please be aware of our NM State Guidelines and mandates, and do your best to stay safe and healthy.